Management Forum for Government Law College, Kozhikode (MaFLaC)
1. Name: There shall be a Management Forum for Government Law College, Kozhikode which shall be called as and hereinafter referred to as MaFLaC.
2. Aims and functions of the MaFLaC.
- To provide an interface to the students with profession.
- To promote and host extra-curricular academic events.
- To provide academic help and support to students in various subject matter.
- To initiate an interactive skill development program for students at least once in a month.
- To host an inter-batch management fest at least once in a year.
- To host an inter-collegiate management fest at-least once in a year.
- All the students of the BBA, LL.B course (Hons.) on the rolls of the college during a year shall be members of MaFLaC.
- When a student is removed from the roll of the college, he/she shall ipso facto cease to be a member of MaFLaC.
- The Principal and the other members of the management teaching faculty shall ipso facto be members of MaFLaC.
- Three regular teachers of the College including the staff council secretary nominated by the staff council shall also be members of MaFLaC.
- The administration of the MaFLaC shall vest upon an executive committee, hereinafter referred to as the committee, selected for the purpose.
- The Principal shall ipso facto hold position of the ex-officio chairman.
- The committee shall consist of office bearers chosen from among the students into the following posts:
A Joint Secretary
A batch representative for each class
(Chosen from among the students of each batch)
- The Method of choosing the office bearers shall be through an informal election during the annual general body meeting.
- The term of office of the committee shall be for a period of one year.
- A committee once chosen shall continue to hold office till the end of year or until a new committee assumes charge, which ever is later.
- The committee shall be under the strict supervision and continuous consultation of the management faculty of the college.
- Any disputes arising regarding the functioning of MaFLaC shall be resolved by the management faculty; in consultation with the Principal and Staff Council.
There shall be a treasurer nominated from among the regular faculty of the college who is a member of MaFLaC mentioned in clause 3 above.
- Every member shall pay a fee of ` 500 to MaFLaC during the time of admission to the college.
- There shall be an independent bank account in the name of the forum; operated by the Principal, Government Law College, Kozhikode.
- The treasurer shall hold control of the transactions and maintenance of the account. The Bank pass book and Cheque Book shall also be in the custody of the Treasurer.
- Voluntary contributions from industry and public shall also be accepted and accounted in the bank account.
- The accounts shall be Audited annually be a chartered accountant.
2 Powers and Responsibilities of the executive committee
Subject to the approval of the general body of MaFLaC, the committee shall have the following powers:
- To manage all affairs of MaFLaC, to incur and meet all necessary expenses and do all such acts as are not inconsistant with these rules.
- To hold meeting of the committee at least Thrice in a term of when deemed necessary.
- To make necessary amendments to the bye-laws prescribed in this constitution as and when deemed necessary.
- To periodically check the register and other records (minutes book, guest book, students’ directory, etc.) of MaFLaC and scrutinise statement of accounts.
- To scrutinise the annual report, the statement of accounts for the year audited and for the ensuing year to be placed before the general body.
- To implement all decisions taken by the general body.